Sistrunk Marketplace, which formerly housed the Eli Witt Cigar & Tobacco company, is now a 24,000 square foot food hall, mixed-use event space and retail concept.
While up-scale stand-alone food courts are becoming more and more popular throughout the country, Sistrunk Marketplace is the first of its kind in Fort Lauderdale. While now might not be the most opportune time to open such a business, Sistrunk Marketplace is doing quite well, although on a limited schedule; Thursday through Sunday at limited capacity. The fact that it borders the hip, Flagler Village Arts District is definitely in its favor. Among the myriad of food vendors are:
- Bronte Cafe is an Aussie-inspired coffee house with a laid-back vibe offering coffee and matcha beverages.
- Hot Lime, influenced by Miami’s diverse Latin cultures, focuses on craft tacos, ceviche and burritos in a repurposed VW van.
- Heavenly Raw specializes in vibrant, high-nutrient, plant-based, wholesome fare.
- Kasai & Koori dishes up traditional Asian sweet treats including Japanese kakig ō ri, Taiwanese shaved ice, taiyaki waffles and Korean, giving all a distinctly American twist.
- Poke OG specializes in make-your-own bowls, Poke OG allows the diner to select the base (usually fish) vegetables, sauce and toppings. It also features five signature dishes such as a vegan watermelon poke, a traditional Hawaiian poke, and a lobster poke with truffled white soy.
- Osom Crepes wraps up savory to sweet combinations in freshly made crepes.
- Senbazuru features bento boxes, ramen, and Asian fusion tapas from around the world.
- Needa' Pita offers authentic Mediterranean dishes, including authentic spit-roasted gyros and chicken shawarma.
- The Chop Shoppe is as if your neighborhood butcher combined with a sandwich shop. Locally sourced meats, house-made sausages, aged sirloin steaks, lamb chops, pork tenderloin and made to order burgers.
- The Empanada Bodega features classic flavors as well as inventive combinations in this staple in Latin cultures.
- Fuoco, where a wood-fire oven is the heart of a simple and classic Italian menu. Crispy eggplant with mozzarella, tomato and arugula, meatballs and, of course, Roman styled, wood-fired pizzas.
- Nellie's specializes in classic Southern cuisine.
There are several private and shared event spaces; a DJ and production music academy, and the SistrunKollective, a co-op style retail boutique. Khoffner Brewery, and Shady Distillery will also be opening sometime this fall. A large, full-service wine and liquor bar is located in the center of the food hall.
In accordance with CDC guidelines, and under Florida’s current Phase 1 guidelines, Sistrunk Marketplace is operating with limited capacity (half of its 565-person capacity). Reservations must be made in advance and masks and social distancing are required. The waitstaff verifies reservations at the entrance and direct guests to the tableside online ordering app. After ordering on the app, food is delivered to the patrons’ tables. Group limitations are in effect.
115 Northwest 6th Street (Sistrunk Blvd.), Fort Lauderdale