MIAMI, Fla. — JANUARY 8, 2014 — City Theatre is now accepting submissions from South Florida playwrights through January 24, 2014 for newLGBT-themed short plays (up to 10 minutes) for its production of ShortsGone Wild 2, co-produced with Island City Stage. Shorts Gone Wild 2 will take place from July 31 – August 31, 2014 at Empire Stage in Fort Lauderdale.
City Theatre seeks scripts that are lively and timely, hilarious and thought provoking, and poignant and dangerous for its second annual Shorts Gone Wild festival. Compelling plays that rise above the ordinary will receive top attention from the judges.
Competition Rules and Guidelines:
- All entries must be original works that have not been previously produced in South Florida.
- Writers can only submit one play with a performance time of 10 minutes or less (maximum 10 pages total) and require six actors or less.
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically at www.citytheatre.com.
- Scripts must include title page with all contact information including email, address and phone number. Cast listing/setting requirements and a synopsis, short biography and any production history should be included.
- Each submission should be uploaded as a single PDF document.
- Plays produced outside of South Florida will be considered.
- Submission materials will not be returned.
- All submissions must be received by January 24, 2014.
For more information on City Theatre, call (305) 755-9401 or visit www.citytheatre.com.
About City Theatre
City Theatre is a professional theatre company founded in February 1996 and dedicated to the development and production of new work, specifically the short play format, featured in its award-winning annual Summer Shorts Festivals. Since its inception, the company has received over 15,000national script submissions (with over 900 submitted for this season alone);produced over 375 original short plays by established playwrights and important new voices in the theatre; and brought together the largest ensemble annually of artists, actors, directors, designers, and production staff for programming that includes the annual Summer Shorts - America’s Short Play Festival, The Festival Family Musical, Shorts 4 Kids Educational Tour, Shorts Gone Wild and the CityWrights Conference.