Utah police said a man who violently attacked a gay man in a hate crime incident exposed himself and yelled at the victim to perform a sexual act, GaySaltLake.com reports.

Police in St. George, Utah arrested couple Mohamed Fathi Oanaw, 22, and his wife, Mayra Dinora Casas, 38, last month for attacking an unidentified gay man on two separate incidents.

In the first incident, authorities said they received a hang-up 9-1-1 call from the house of a female friend of the victim. Officers responded to the failed call and were told Oanaw was verbally and physically assaulting the victim, who denied the charges to the press, the newspaper reports.

After the dispute, Casas allegedly texted the victim the next morning, saying Oanaw was not home and the victim could come over to pick up items belonging to a third woman. She added they could also "talk about last night." But when the victim went to the house, Oanaw was apparently at the residence and allegedly charged from a bedroom, screaming gay slurs at him, according to police reports obtained by GaySaltLake.com.

"Mohamed punched [the victim] and knocked him back towards the kitchen while continuing to scream sexual slurs at him," the arresting officer wrote in a statement. "Mohamed grabbed a chair to swing at [the victim], but it was taken from him by [the third woman]. Mayra was present and yelled slurs at [the victim] while yelling for Mohamed to 'get the fag.'"

The report goes on to say Oanaw allegedly unbuttoned his paints and partially exposed himself while yelling at the victim, and told him to perform a sexual act. The victim pushed past Oanaw to leave down the hall, but Oanaw grabbed him and allegedly punched and kicked him, according to the statement.

"[The victim] attempted to fight back and defend himself," the arresting officer wrote. "They wrestled back and forth, breaking the door to the water heater room."

The report alleges Casas also yelled gay slurs and encouraged Oanaw while a second woman was pleading for the couple to stop attacking the victim. Oanaw, however, allegedly threw the man down on a bathroom floor and continued beating him. He also is accused of taking the man's $800 phone and throwing it against the ground, breaking the screen, the report said. Casas allegedly stomped on the smartphone before picking it up and snapping it in half.

The second woman tried to call police but Casas allegedly took the phone away from her, the report said. Oanaw stopped attacking the victim when a third woman, who lives in the residence, called police.

"When I arrived on scene Mayra stated repeatedly that [Oanaw] was mad about 'gay shit' and that [the victim] was a 'faggot' who wanted to 'fuck my husband.' Mohamed kept stating he hated 'gay boys' and that he was Muslim," the officer wrote.

GaySaltLake.com reports a probate cause statement said Oanaw admitted to yelling sexual slurs, starting the fight, exposing himself and breaking the victim's smartphone, after he was read his Miranda rights. Casas "admitted nothing" however, according to the officer.

The couple was arrested and booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility. Oanaw was charged with second-degree felony robbery and three class A misdemeanors for lewdness assault and criminal mischief. He was released from custody on $13,900 bond, the newspaper reports.

Cases was charged with second-degree felony robbery, third-degree felony unlawful acquisition of a finance card, four class A misdemeanors for assault, criminal mischief, theft and possession of another's identifying documents as well as a class B misdemeanor for damaging a communication device.

According to the police report, the incident was classified as a hate crime.

Oanaw will appear in court on Jan. 25 for a roll-call hearing.