The jury charged with deciding the fate of accused gay basher Kathryn Knott will return for a third day of deliberations Friday.

The eight women and four men spent about seven hours Thursday considering whether to convict Knott of two counts each of aggravated assault, simple assault, conspiracy and reckless endangerment.

Deliberations began at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday and jurors deliberated for about five hours before breaking for the day.

On Thursday, the jurors sent several questions to the court, including whether "ignoring a situation" or "using language to incite" is considered reckless endangerment. They also questioned whether a conspiracy charge could be proven if the individuals involved took separate actions.

Instead of explicitly answering those questions, Judge Roxanne Covington brought the jury back into the courtroom and re-read the portions of the law regarding reckless endangerment and conspiracy.

The jury also asked for copies of defense witness Elizabeth Foley's police statement, as well as a police statement from Knott. Knott did not provide a police statement, and defense attorney Louis Busico argued that the jury shouldn't be told that, so as to "avoid the obvious inference of guilt." Covington sent the jury a copy of Foley's statement, without comment on the lack of Knott's statement.

Yesterday, the jury asked for copies of statements from three prosecution witnesses and one defense witness, as well as from the victims. They also reviewed all photo stills used as evidence and re-watched all video clips used as evidence twice.

Knott and about 15 supporters have been sitting in the courtroom or milling about in the hallways as they await the verdict. Both victims and their families have also been present each day.

Knott, 25, is accused of physically and verbally attacking gay couple Andrew Haught and Zachary Hesse Sept. 11, 2014, at 16th and Chancellor streets. Prosecutors say a member of Knott's group directed an antigay comment towards the men, which set off a melee in which they said Knott was an active participant.

Both men were injured, with Haught suffering multiple broken bones. He spent five days in the hospital and had his jaw wired shut for eight weeks.

During the four-day trial this past week, more than 20 witnesses testified, telling very different stories of the incident. The victims and an independent witness say Knott punched Haught in the face and another witness described a female with brown hair and a white dress -- Knott has blonde hair but was wearing a white dress -- as having punched Haught. Several defense witnesses, including Knott herself, contend she was a bystander.