Arson investigators were on the scene Saturday following a fire that gutted parts of The Eagle in Houston's gay Montrose neighborhood.

According to a report on KHOU, it took dozens of firefighters to put out the blaze that claimed parts of the second and third floors of the building where the popular bar is housed. The first floor, where the main business is, escaped the flames, but sustained a good deal of water damage.

There were no injuries.

"We will be back, yes we will be back," said owner Jay Allen, who pledged to take care of his suddenly out of work employees.

"Fortunately they are kind of a big family and I wouldn't be surprised to see every last one of them out here on Monday morning scrubbing and cleaning to get this place back together again," Allen said.

Allen told local ABC affiliate KTRK that about a half million dollars had been invested into the 1930's-era building to bring it up to code.

"That included a state of the art sprinkler system," he said. "It was already installed. It was going to be connected to the city's water service in two weeks. The permit had been approved and we were just waiting for it to be hooked up by the city."