Seattle (KCPQ) -- Police are searching for an attempted arsonist who allegedly poured gasoline on a carpeted stairway leading to the second level of Neighbours Nightclub and trying to set it on fire.
Seattle police said an attempted arsonist poured the gas in the stairway just after midnight New Year's Day. The arsonist lit the gas and left, police said.
Luckily, the fire was quickly discovered and put out with a fire extinguisher. Someone in the club also pulled the fire alarm, causing sprinklers to activate and dousing the flames.
Police said all of the 750 patrons celebrating the New Year's holiday managed to evacuate safely and no one was injured.
Arson bomb detectives and SFD officials are investigating the incident.
Performer Aleska Manila vented about the incident on Facebook, saying Neighbours has been the Number 1 gay nightclub in the Northwest for years, and "nothing's gonna stop us from celebrating diversity and providing a safe space for everyone."