The readers have spoken! Broward's Best Servers go to Charlie D. at the Alibi and Ali at Apt.9F.

For the third year in a row, SFGN readers chose Charlie De La Cruz (Charlie D.) who works the patio at the Alibi, Broward’s Best Server (Guy). Part of the wait staff at the Alibi since 2007, Charlie describes his job as “60% job description [to serve meals and beverage] and the other 40% as the guest connection: to let the guests forget about their day for an hour and enjoy the food, music and laughs at the Alibi-Monkey Bar.”

Like all great servers, Charlie knows what each guest wants and needs. If you are a regular, Charlie knows how you want your burger cooked and what brand of beer you drink.

Always modest, Charlie is “grateful and humbled by the honor SFGN readers, Alibi-Monkey Bar guests and the Wilton Manors community have bestowed upon me. I want to acknowledge the Alibi team because they make our well-oiled machine work. Without our team, there is no me! I am truly blessed.”

Runner-up: Tyler P. at The Pub

– JM

For the first time ever, Ali at Apt. 9F has won Best Server. 

“Wow. Awesome for Allie, she is amazing!” said Carol Moran, owner of Apt 9F.  

Apt. 9F, a cocktail bar in Wilton Manors, describes itself as “an unpretentious place for inventive drinks, a good glass of wine, some delicious nibbles, and most importantly love, laughter, and good juju.”

Ali is also a mixologist at the bar. In 2020, Apt. 9F shared a photo of a special sauce she mixed for a Sunday Funday Bloody with crispy bacon and Blue cheese olive. 

Runner-up: Kimberly at Courtyard Café

- KS

Check out the rest of the winners at SFGN's Best of 2021 Winners.