The upcoming trial for four men accused of attacking a gay couple in 2018 after the closing festivities of Miami Beach Pride has been postponed until February.  

On Thursday, Dec. 19 the circuit court held a status conference in Miami on the matter. The case was continued until Feb. 10.

The four defendants — Adonis Diaz, Juan Carlos Lopez, Luis Alonso Piovet, and Pablo Reinaldo Romo-Figueroa — all in their early 20s, have pled not guilty. 

The trial was supposed to start on Jan. 21 and before that Nov. 18. 

Heres a recap of what allegedly happened: the attack took place when Rene Chalarca and Dmitry Logunov were leaving a public bathroom in Lummus Park in Miami Beach on April 8, 2018.  

We were walking and holding hands and needed to use the bathroom,” Logunov told SFGN in 2018. So the two of them stopped at public restroom as they headed home for the evening. 

As Logunov walked out of the restroom he was allegedly called a faggot” in Spanish, punched, and then beaten unconscious. His boyfriend at the time, Chalarca, quickly intervened, but three more men jumped in and began to attack them both.

This was my first time going to a gay parade,” Chalarca said last year. Physically theyve both recovered. 

The attack was caught on camera and the four suspects have been charged with three counts of aggravated battery and a hate crime enhancement was added to the charges. 

 

Check out our previous news on this @

Trial Postponed Again for 4 Men Accused of Hate Crime After Gay Pride

Trial Postponed for 4 Men Accused of Hate Crime    


BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS