The Miami-Dade Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (MDGLCC) is the largest not-for-profit corporation in the county for gay and lesbian businesses. With membership on the rise, the Chamber's mission is to promote a unified and thriving, gay and gay-friendly, business and professional community throughout Miami-Dade County.
Our goals are to promote networking within the existing gay and gay-friendly business and professional community, to promote business opportunities for Chamber members, to promote Miami as a year-round, gay and gay-friendly tourist destination, to provide resources for our members, and to provide outreach from our community to other organizations.
The MDGLCC is involved with the community is many different ways, aside from networking. Here are some facts you may not have known...
- We support our community - MDGLCC is a frequent attendee at our local community partner's events. Through our MDGLCC Foundation, we support the LGBT Visitor & Community Center offering a welcome and safe space for visitors and community groups alike.
- We have active programming within the ranks of higher education - MDGLCC partners with both the student and faculty at both the University of Miami & Florida International University hosting networking and student on campus connectivity.
- We are engaged - The Staff of the MDGLCC sits on the boards of the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Miami Beach Visitor & Convention Authority, Miami Beach Gay Pride, Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, and the LGBT Business Enhancement Committee of Miami Beach. We also support the One Community-One Goal program at the Beacon Council and are an affiliate organization to the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
- We support Supplier Diversity - one of MDGLCC's main objectives is to identify LGBT owned businesses that are eligible for certification under NGLCC's Supplier Diversity Program.
- We support diversity and inclusion - MDGLCC supports passage of a fully-inclusive ENDA (Employment Non-Discrimination Act) providing protections for LGBT employees.
Steve Adkins is President & CEO; Miami-Dade Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (MDGLCC)