Logo TV Founder to Launch Gay-Centric YouTube Channel
Following Logo TV’s announcement earlier this year that the channel was going to focus less on LGBT-specific programs and more on general culture and lifestyle shows, Logo founder Matt Farber is launching a new outlet to continue the type of shows that made the channel popular in the first place.
Here’s where Gwist comes in, a YouTube channel for LGBT audiences.
Gwist, which stands for “TV With a Gay Twist,” is set to launch on Jan. 14 with 10 original series.
“An online video network is a natural next step in the evolution of gay media and entertainment,” Farber said in a statement. “The social media, on demand, and universal distribution aspects of online and mobile video are perfectly suited for niche programming.”
Among the shows will be “Gwissues with Howard Bragman,” a panel discussion about a topic the LGBT community is talking about hosted by the legendary PR kingpin and television pundit, and “Love’N Mo,” a gay girls guide to sex and relationships for straight men starring former WNBA star Margot Clark.
“We are really excited to have such a diverse slate of shows that appeal to not only the gay audience, but also to anyone who wants to ‘be a gay!’” Farber said.
See the full list of shows below:
– Gwissues with Howard Bragman: A panel discussion about a topic the LGBT community is
talking about hosted by the legendary PR kingpin and television pundit.
– The Randy Rainbow Show: Signature celebrity spoofs and comedic sketches featuring tongue-in-cheek commentary from established YouTube star Randy Rainbow.
– The Untitled Spousal Equivalent Game with Judy Gold: Relationship game show where gay and straight couples face off to prove their marriages can be equally miserable, hosted by acclaimed lesbian comic Judy Gold.
– Miss Richfield 1981 Q and You: A comedic advice show, from popular theatrical character Miss Richfield 1981.
– So Wrong! with Louis Virtel: Contrarian analysis on why certain pop culture darlings really aren’t all that, from Logo personality and YouTube star Louis Virtel.
– Love’N Mo: A gay girls guide to sex and relationships for straight men starring former WNBA
star Margot Clark. From Amy Goldstein/Steve Chivers.
– Steam Room Stories: Popular scripted YouTube series about a towel-clad group of guys—gay and straight—discussing a topic at the gym.From Cinema 175 Productions.
– Gay Snackbites: Stand up comedy segments featuring up and coming LGBT comics.
– Cuentin’s Caddy Commentary:An animated talk show from veteran animator, Matthew I. Jenkins (Adult Swim’s Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Brothers, The Brak Show).
– Tina Cesa Ward project (TBD): A scripted drama from noted lesbian filmmaker and creator of popular web series Anyone But Me.