Porn Studio Responds to Criticism of Lawsuit

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star inactiveStar inactiveStar inactiveStar inactiveStar inactive
 

After last week’s article “Gay Porn Studio ‘Takes Pounding’ From Pirates” many readers were worried that an upcoming lawsuit by Corbin Fisher could potentially ‘out’ gay teens and drive them to suicide.

 

SFGN asked Marc Randazza, general counsel for Corbin Fisher, for a response.

“What we’re trying to do is deal with a copyright problem,” he said. “We are acutely sensitive to any issues like that. We have taken great pains and at great expense at times [to avoid outing anyone].”

In fact he said his studio offers straight porn as well so any offenders wishing to keep their sexual identity a secret would not be ‘outed.’

“I have encountered people who are college students all the way up through elderly people who have expressed a concern about being outed,” he said. “I have done everything and anything I can to respect that. Corbin Fisher makes straight content as well. You can come out in your own time and place of your choosing. This is about theft, not about anyone’s orientation.”

Randazza said he believes there are just a few people out there trying to perpetuate this myth that “there are thousands of gay teens on the edge of losing their minds.” And because of that they should for some reason get a free pass to steal the company’s content online.

Randazza couldn’t disclose the details of past cases, but he did say that in all of his years of going after online thieves he hasn’t once encountered a minor. In one case he even settled with a person through an attorney and never learned the person’s name.

Randazza said there have been other lawyers for the adult entertainment industry, however, who haven’t been as kind.

“There have been lawyers who unethically tried to exploit the embarrassment factor,” he said.

Corbin Fisher even offered an amnesty deal to those people wanting to come clean. The deal would have exempted them from any lawsuits brought forth by the company. It consisted of a one-time fee of $1,000 and included a one-year subscription to their website. Only 20 people came forward to accept the deal. That amnesty deal ended and last week Randazza offered a second deal consisting of a one-time fee of $1,900 and a six-month subscription to their website. The deal ends March 1.

Randazza said he has the IP addresses of 40,000 users who have illegally downloaded the studio’s material and their upcoming lawsuit will focus heavily on the South Florida area.

“If I look at my chart South Florida has a pretty big red circle on it,” he said.

He said the company recently won a lawsuit against an illegal downloader that resulted in a $250,000 judgment in their favor.

E-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to learn more about the amnesty offer.


  • Latest Comments

  • Tweets

Greg Kabel
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS