Several speakers pitched their products to attendees of Tuesday morning’s Coffee & Conversation group at the Pride Center at Equality Park.
Here are the highlights:
- Center Chief Executive Officer Robert Boo encouraged people to come to Huizenga Park in downtown Fort Lauderdale Saturday morning to help support a breast cancer walk.
- Development Director Roger Roa asked attendees of next week’s Wicked Manors event to purchases drink tickets from the bars on Wilton Drive operating under white canopies.
- A Celebration of Friends President Tom Pence reminded the group of Saturday’s coffee klatch starting at 10:30 a.m. at the Skolnick Center in Pompano Beach.
- World AIDS Museum Operations Manager Ed Sparan informed the group of Cleve Jones upcoming arrival. Jones, a San Francisco activist, was part of the Harvey Milk movement. He is slated to participate in a question and answer program Nov. 10 at Sunshine Cathedral.
- Comedian Peter Bisuito plugged his “Bat Shit Crazy!” show, Oct. 30 at Sunshine Cathedral. “Leave it to a bunch of gays to turn a church into a performing arts venue,” Bisuito quipped.
- Florida Medical Center sponsored Tuesday’s program, introducing podiatrist Vyacheslav Makarov to the group. Representatives from SunServe, Shine Healthcare, AARP and John Knox Village also addressed the group.
Next week is the annual Halloween costume contest sponsored by the Marrinsons Group. Best costume nets a $100 prize. For more information, contact Bruce Williams, Senior Services Coordinator at 954-463-9005, ext. 109