We work out. We diet. But no matter what we do we can’t seem to get rid of that extra layer fat on our stomachs. That pouch has frustrated many a gay man.
But there is a solution – SculpSure. It’s latest fat reducing fad out there on the market. It’s similar to CoolSculpting, but less painful and takes less time.
Recently I tried it out with V Boutique in Atlantis in central Palm Beach County. And while I skeptical at first, it really did work. Each area worked on takes only 25 minutes. There is some discomfort but as they say “no pain, no gain.” The pain though is mild and I was able to go on about my day afterwards with no issues.
V Boutique was among the first to receive SculpSure technology in South Florida. Dr. Neda Vanden Bosch is the primary cosmetic physician and partner of the Medical Specialists of the Palm Beaches. Known affectionately as “Dr. V” she is well skilled in cosmetic treatments.
“This is the first FDA laser device approved for fat melting,” Dr. V said. “We’re the first to get it in Palm Beach County and have more experience than most therefore we’re very good at it. Our results have been great.”
SculpSure has been featured on the Dr. Oz show and The Doctors.
Up until 5 years ago the only way to remove fat was through liposuction, an invasive surgery. But since then several new procedures have popped that destroys the fat through a non-invasive approach – SculpSure is one of the latest techniques. And at 25 minutes it’s one of the shortest as well allowing you to get right back to work.
Up until SculpSure was released CoolSculpting was the primary non-invasive technique to destroy fat. CoolSculpting though froze the fat whereas SculpSure melts it away.
“This machine is the newest competitor to CoolSculpting,” Dr. V said.
Both are effective and produce similar results. But there are key differences between the two.
Here’s why SculpSure appears to be the better option.
– SculpSure can treat up to 4 areas in 25 minutes. Coolsculpting can only target one area per treatment in 60 minutes.
– SculpSure uses flat applicators that do not use suction. CoolSculpting requires fat that is large enough to be suctioned. If the problem area is not big enough, it cannot be treated.
– SculpSure uses a laser that targets fat, sparring surrounding tissue such as nerves. Due to indiscriminate destruction of all tissues suctioned and frozen, CoolSculpting can result in numbness, pain and bruising that can last for weeks post treatment.
– Sculpsure provides smoother contours because the heat is dispersed outside of treatment area. CoolSculpting only treats the fat suctioned areas so there can be a “shelving effect,” or a frozen lump of fat that requires repeated massage.
– SculpSure is the only non-surgical fat reduction technique that also provides skin tightening in ongoing FDA trials; CoolSculpting does not.
How it works
The non-invasive treatment is a 25-minute procedure where light-based laser technology is used to target and permanently destroy multiple, stubborn body fat areas, including the abdomen and “love handles.” The fat reduction takes place over a 12-week period, but oftentimes the results can be seen within six weeks. A device is placed directly on the skin. You’ll feel alternating waves of hot and cold as the laser penetrates deep into the fat.
Results vary, but on average a 24-percent reduction can be seen from one treatment. Ideal candidates are people who have a BMI of 30 or lower.
Treatments are customized per each an individual's fat reduction needs. Pricing varies, however, the range is between $350-$1,400 per treated area. Their office is located at 101 JFK Drive in Atlantis. Visit VBoutiqueFlorida.com for more information.