Did you know that when you become a member of the GFLGLCC — Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, you automatically become a member of the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce – NGLCC?
As the exclusive Broward County affiliate of the NGLCC, all GFLGLCC members receive full membership and benefits without having to pay extra dues. Through the NGLCC, we strive to keep you informed of trends, common practices and legislation that may affect you and your business.
The NGLCC, headquartered in Washington D.C. and co-founded by Justin Nelson and Chance Mitchell in 2002, is the only national not-for-profit advocacy organization specifically dedicated to expanding the economic opportunities and advancements of the LGBT business community.
Seeing new opportunities for community advocacy, specifically in the economic arena, the NGLCC was founded as the exclusive organization for certification as an LGBT-owned business enterprise. The NGLCC via the GFLGLCC is your direct link between corporate America and LGBT businesses and entrepreneurs.
Below are just some of the many NGLCC affiliate member benefits GFLGLCC members receive:
- LGBT Supplier Diversity Certification at No Charge – certify your business as an LGBT Business Enterprise for contracting opportunities with America’s top corporations (applications and qualifications apply).
- Access to NGLCC’s twice monthly e-newsletter, CONNECT, and the NGLCC Boardroom Blog.
- Access to select member discounts with American Airlines, UPS, FedEx, Avis, Hilton Worldwide, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Wyndham Worldwide, and more.
- Select discounts on UCLA Anderson School of Management Executive Education programs including the LGBT Leadership Institute and Management Development for Entrepreneurs Program.
- Access to business resources and programing offered through the NGLCC Supplier Innovation Center.
- Access to Women’s Business Initiative (WBI) for Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender women entrepreneurs and professionals.
- “Get Connected!” with a powerful global network of LGBT business owners, professionals and allies who share common business interests.
- Discounted tickets to NGLCC Signature Events including the NGLCC National Dinner and NGLCC National Conference.
- A business voice in Washington utilizing our collective economic strength to move the business case for equality forward.
- Representation on issues important to LGBT business before Congress and Executive Branch Agencies.
Join 11th Annual NGLCC National Business & Leadership Conference
More than 700 attendees are expected to attend the 2014 NGLCC National Business and Leadership Conference in Las Vegas, NV at Caesars Palace. NGLCC's conference will offer robust programming designed to meet the interests and needs of our corporate partners, Certified LGBT Business Enterprises, LGBT entrepreneurs, allied companies, and NGLCC affiliate chambers from across the country and around the world.
Packed with educational sessions, world-class networking, and unbelievable special events, the conference will offer incredible exposure and opportunities for LGBT-owned and -allied businesses to build relationships with more than 140 corporations, federal government agencies and each other. This is one conference you — and your business — can't afford to miss!
The GFLGLCC’s mission is to promote business and economic opportunities for the LGBT and LGBT-friendly community. We are an advocate and resource for all member businesses that promote equality. We promote tourism with a unified approach by working with appropriate and related organizations. We work as partners with local LGBT organizations, the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), other LGBT chambers and with businesses wishing to make stronger outreach to the Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBT community.
Michael Vita is the Director of Marketing & Membership at GFLGLCC - Greater Fort Lauderdale Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce