Compass is a community center in Lake Worth specializing in vital services, programs and events for LGBTQ people and our allies. An important part of our focus is bringing people together for a common purpose.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Youth group, for kids ages 12-18. Our drop-in center is open outside of school hours, and our youth staff facilitate meetings twice a week, where the group discusses LGBTQ history, share stories to encourage one another, attend cultural events, and hold game nights. It’s an inclusive space for kids who often don’t feel accepted for who they are. Group times are Wednesdays and Fridays from 5-7 PM.
- Entourage, for young people who age out of the youth group. Entourage meets on Thursday nights. Participants gather for Netflix and chill nights, talk about relationships and how to have safer sex, and do fun activities such as pumpkin carving at Halloween. Group times are Thursdays from 6-8 PM.
-PFLAG group,for straight allies of friends and family members who are LGBTQ. Group times are every second Wednesday at 5 PM and every fourth Thursday at 6:30 PM.
- Coming Out Group, for those just beginning their journey of living out loud. Group times are every Thursday at 6:30 PM.
- Non-binary Support Group,for those who are gender-non-conforming. Group times are every Thursday from 6:30 to 8:00.
- FTM Support Group, specifically for female-to-male transgender individuals. Group times are every first and third Monday at 7 PM.
- Bereavement support group, for those experiencing loss. This group meets every other Friday and is facilitated by two volunteer therapists. This is a closed group; please contact Jacque Jamason atif interested in attending.
- Coffee Clatch, a gathering of senior LGBT+ members. It’s for coming together and learning about different activities and volunteer opportunities. This group meets the first Monday of every month at 10 AM.
Our staff is always interested in hearing from YOU on what you want to see happen at YOUR community center. Contact us atwith your ideas, or for more information on any of the groups mentioned above.
- 7th Annual Gay Chili Cookoff on Feb. 17 at 12 PM at Penny’s at the Duke, 902 N Dixie Highway, Lantana.
- Lake Worth Street Painting Festival in Downtown Lake Worth, Feb. 23-24.
- Pride Business Alliance Social, Feb. 27, 6 - 8 PM, at Consign and Design Gardens Gallery, 9810 FL A1A Alt, Palm Beach Gardens.